Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Meet our Cast: Kelty Morash


Now that we’ve heard from our Trailer Park directors, allow us to introduce the talented cast!


An exciting addition in SDSU’s production is an ensemble to add life to the trailer park. One of the new residents is Jessica Ann, played by Kelty Morash.

Hi Kelty! Can you briefly describe your journey here to SDSU?

I am so happy to be at SDSU. Choosing the perfect college was a difficult task and I even took a gap year because of it. I’ve known I’ve wanted to do theatre since I was young and so choosing a college was a matter of choosing which theatre program was the best match for me.

If you could meet yourself when you were first beginning your career, what piece of advice would you give?

Believe in yourself and don’t give up! In order to be in this industry, you have to just keep trying. It is very difficult to “get a break” but you won’t get one unless you keep trying. There is a lot of hard work involved in being an artist and they are some of the most disciplined people you’ll ever meet. Strive to be the best you can be.

Who are your acting/ singing heroes or inspirations? Is there anyone you find yourself channeling when you perform?

I am a big fan of Kristin Chenoweth! I love her voice and her overall character. I find myself channeling her positivity when I work and perform. Staying positive helps in all aspects of the work and learning process involved in doing a show.

How is this musical different from other musicals you’ve performed in?

This musical is unlike any other musical I’ve ever been in. The only other musical I’ve been in which might even be close to this one is Legally Blonde. The Great American Trailer Park Musical is definitely a huge party. There is a genuine story which people can connect to, yet the entertaining aspect of the show soars through all the numbers. It is a very fun piece to work on and I am so grateful for this opportunity!

Do you have a favorite role from past musicals? What would that character have to say about this musical? Would they be friends with your character?

My favorite character I’ve ever been might be Peter Pan from Peter Pan. I think Peter Pan would be friends with my character in this show. They would dance along together and have adventures through Armadillo Acres trailer park. Peter Pan might tell the characters in this show that they should take a break from all the hubbub in the trailer park and fly to Neverland. They just need to think lovely thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment