Monday, April 20, 2015

Giving Back with My Girlfriend’s Closet

One important theme of Trailer Park is community.  At Armadillo Acres, there is an incredibly supportive community where everyone feels like family – even if it’s a crazy, dysfunctional one.

To honor this community spirit, we are extremely excited to announce that for the entire run of the show, we are partnering with My Girlfriend’s Closet (MGC), a volunteer-based nonprofit dedicated to helping local economically disadvantaged teenage girls and young women through donations of clothing, shoes and accessories.  This is one palpable way that we’ve found for our small community to give back to the community at large.



The executive Board of Directors of MGC is comprised of San Diego mothers and their teenage daughters.  Here is a bit about this great organization:

Our mission is to provide quality, gently used clothing, shoes and accessories to economically disadvantaged teenage girls for free, in an atmosphere that enables them to shop with pride. Since our founding in 2005, our mother-daughter shared responsibility and decision making structure has fulfilled another important objective: To teach these young leaders how to effectively build and operate a nonprofit organization for the benefit of the community. 
We target San Diego-area teenage girls and young women ages 13-22 whose need is greatest – the homeless and those in foster care – by working closely with the social service agencies that serve them. Additional disadvantaged teens are identified and invited to our clothing distribution events by the community organizations that serve them and their families. Currently, My Girlfriend’s Closet serves approximately 800 young women in need each year.

MGC collects shirts, pants, jeans, shorts, dresses, skirts, sweaters, pajamas, coats, shoes, jewelry, belts, hats, scarves, handbags, stuffed animals, and unopened cosmetics and toiletries.  After organizing and sorting the items, they hold a distribution event where prequalified young women can shop in an inviting setting resembling a high-end clothing boutique.  When the event opens, the “shoppers” sign in and receive two large handle bags that they can fill to the brim with items of their choosing.  All items are free.



 Please come enjoy the show and give back to the community!


1 comment:


  1. I want to share a testimony of my life to every one. i am married to my husband Daniel , i love him so much and we have been married for 6 years now with two kids.
    When he went for a vacation to itally he meant a lady, and when he returned he told me that he was no longer interested in the marriage any more. i was so confused and devastated seeking for help, i don't know what to do until I met my a friend and i told her about my problem. she told me not to worry about it that she had a similar problem before and introduced me to prophetess who cast a spell on her ex and brought him back to her after 3days. she asked me to contact her, I contacted her to help me bring back my husband and she asked me not to worry about it, that the gods of her fore-fathers will fight for me. she told me in three days time she will re-unite me and my husband together. After three day my husband called and told me he is coming back to sought things out things with me, I was surprise when he came to me and started crying, begging for forgiveness. Right now I am the happiest woman on earth for what this great spell caster did for me and my husband, you can contact her on any problem in this world that you may be facing, be it health or relationship issues, if you want your ex back, if you want some one to fall in love with you or you want some one to stop loving you, if you want to triumph in court cases, if you want to be pregnant, get a job, get a visa etc, she is very nice, here is her contact annashelly42@gmail.com........., she is the best spell caster i have ever met.

    ReplyDelete